Anyway, whenever I begin to describe my sister to people, I usually just finish off the conversation by stating that she lives in Eugene, OR and then they pretty much get it. You see Kena was born just a few decades too late... she love Reggae music, is a Vegan - almost a raw foodist, makes most of her clothes from other clothes and is EXTREMELY creative- shes basically a modern day hippie.
So its really no surprise that Kena has some big dreams and is working very hard to achieve them. Recently she's graduated from Massage Therapy School and has acquired all her licenses. She wants to take this skill, along with her knowledge of agriculture and love of children to Africa, to serve the people with all she has.
I wanted to share this post about my sister and also a link to her website where you can learn more about her and her journey to Africa:
We may have different goals and dreams, but I definitely admire her for her drive and determination to fulfill them. So although I sometimes refer to her as my "Crazy Sister", I really do love her and wish her all the best along her journey!
2 comments:
Wow!! I am still amazed at how much she has changed since she was in high school. That is so great that she is working so hard to fulfill this dream.
Your sister sounds awesome! Best of luck to her in her travels.
Post a Comment