Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Wilton Course 2 Finally Cake
I have now completed 3 of the 4 Wilton Cake Courses... somewhat out of order! Course 2 was really fun as we learned all sorts of new flowers using royal icing. I enjoyed learning about royal icing and what you could do with it... it actually came in handy for my most recent cake adventure. Here is my final cake from the class:
These flowers were pretty challenging for me to make, I've decided I am much better with the gum paste/fondant flowers. The flowers are somewhat flawed individually, but I do like how they turned out all together.
What cracks me up most about this picture is you can totally see the frosting is melting... and I didn't even use any butter in the buttercream (that would have been a disaster!). I guess it must have been pretty hot that night! I managed to keep it from melting to bad by getting it in the fridge. I didn't think we needed the cake around our house, so I took it to Daniel for his treat of the month (his Christmas present from last year). It was might tasty as we gobbled it down between wedding luncheon and wedding and then again between wedding and reception! Sorry Daniel for eating all of your treat!
Labels:
Cakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment