Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mom

My mom left today. S-A-D, SAD!   Seriously, I cried on the way home after dropping her off.  Not a reaction I anticipated.  I haven't done that since they dropped me off for college.   There is just something about becoming a M-O-M, MOM, yourself that just makes you appreciate your mom so much more.  Am I right?  I'm sure this must happen to every other mom out there.   Maybe its because my mom has been here for two weeks doing just about everything for me, and before that Adam's mom was here for two weeks doing just about everything for me.  That means, for the last month I haven't cooked or cleaned.   That includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and all!  I've had full breakfasts every morning, whatever I wanted (I may or may not have consumed more bacon in the last month than I have in the last year).   I haven't vacuumed or mopped, or emptied the dishwasher or done more than a handful of dishes.   I hadn't cleaned a bottle and only changed about half the diapers that needed changing everyday (OK, probably more like 1/3 when you count in Adam's share at night!).   So pretty much Mom's are the best and I just hope I can be just as great as both of Adam and I's Mom's.  We've been pretty blessed!   And I know our little ones will be blessed to have two awesome Grandma's (and Grandpa's) as well.



I LOVE YOU MOM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...