I debated a lot on if we should put the tree up and how to decorate it if at all. Some said no, some said they would be good and you just show them not to touch anything and it would be fine. Um, I doubted that! Even if I just used plastic ones, Charlie thinks anything round is a ball (even nasty egg shells out of the garbage) so he would have to play with it and throw them! Finally I came up with a solution. I made tulle pom poms! They are perfect. I don't care if they get messed up, and Charlie and Adella can put them on themselves. I knew if I used other ornaments if they took them off they would never get them back on and that would frustrate both of them. I wanted the tree to be something fun and magical, and not to have to constantly say NO when they touched it (I have to do enough of that already!). So it's not the prettiest tree ever, but it's simple and still magical in their eyes. I still need to get out the tree skirt and see how that goes and put the topper on. But for now, here it is! And I bet you can't guess who put all the white ones on.
No comments:
Post a Comment