I know what you are thinking - what the heck is Zeitgeist? Well first of all let me give you a pronunciation guide its said Zeit - like Z-ite (as in kite)-guy-st. Wikipedia says "Zeitgeist- is originally a German expression that means "the spirit of the age", literally translated as "time (Zeit) spirit (Geist)".

What does Zeitgeist mean to me? Well its 13.1 miles of craziness including two hills with total elevation change of 1,180 ft. Why do I do it? I don't even know. But it was the 2nd year in a row so I must like it I guess!
This year was really fun because I had a great group of friends run it with me, which included one of my favorite old roommates Sara who came down from UofI to run it with me. Sara actually did awesome and finished 3rd in our age group. As for me? Well unfortunately I was sick all week and didn't r
un and admittedly really had no business being out there - but I beat my time from last year and crossed that line!
No comments:
Post a Comment