Thursday, April 24, 2008

STOP!! BACK AWAY FROM THE SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCE!

Do you ever have those times where about 30 seconds after an event has occurred you wish you would have taken a picture? This morning the Vitamix and I had a moment. And it was a very brief moment. Since Adam has been gone this week, I have had to make my own breakfast smoothies; and I thought I was getting the hang of it.... I think I was very wrong.

Let me describe what happened. I cleaned my carrots, cut the peel off my oranges and kiwis, cleaned the grapes and hucked it all in the machine along with a handful of spinach and some frozen berries. I started the machine on low and slowly raised the speed until it was nice and smooth... and here's were things went very wrong. I turned the machine off. Bad idea. I proceeded to grab the milk and a handful of ice cubes which I put in through the whole in the top of the machine. I switched the Vitamix back on - I put it on low again, but then I tried to speed it back up and that's when it happened BRIGHT RED SMOOTHIE went EVERYWHERE! And how did I react? I laughed so hard. You know when you have those moments to choose whether to get upset or just laugh? Well I didn't even think about being mad, I just laughed and laughed and laughed. There was smoothie everywhere - on the wall, the counter, the window blinds, the floor, the Kitchenaid, in the Kitchenaid bowl.. By this point I realize I am going to be very late for work. I have no choice, I have to clean the mess because if I don't do it now it will be much harder after work. But I laughed the whole time. And then laughed the whole way to work. And then laughed as I recounted the whole event to my coworkers. And then laughed 4 hours later when I realized it was all over my shirt - why I didn't look before, I don't even know.

After I cleaned, I wished I would have taken a picture, but as funny as it was I didn't want to recreate the event a second time. I'm pretty glad that Adam wasn't here to witness it happen, he'd probably ban me from all future use. I think I'll wait till he reads this to fess up....who knows I may even get away with it......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...