Well this weekend, we traveled to central Oregon to see my parents and took the clubs along. Saturday morning we went to a putting course with my mom and dad. The course is fun its like mini-golf but with real grass, hills, sand, water hazards etc. Its a great place to practice putting! Well I did awful. Later that day Adam and I headed to another course to practice hitting at the driving range. As our balls dwindled down Adam suggested I try aiming for a flag about 70 yards out. So with my last handful of balls that's what I did. Rather than trying to whack the heck out of the ball, I had to lay back and try to figure out how hard to hit it. Most of the balls were not even close but as I got to the last few I got closer and closer and then with the last ball I made it in the hole! We saw and heard the ball hit the flag pole and then drop down into the hole. It was awesome! I just stood there and laughed and Adam was in shock. I know it wasn't a hole-in-one on a real course, but still it was awesome!

This is the cute set Adam bought me! Its blue and purple with flowers on it. Adam's been a great teacher - very patient with me and doesn't make too much fun of me when I stink!
5 comments:
Congrats! That's awesome. I wish that golf weren't so expensive. I think it could be really fun but I don't have the patience (or time or money) to get the skills I need. :)
Sounds like a real hole in one to me! good job.
Wow I am impressed! Pretty sure I couldnt do that!
I am so glad you finally got some golf clubs. You have been talking about it for years. Sorry I am such a horrible friend. Happy Late Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day. We will have to do our birthday dinner and movie night sometime in June. Maybe after we move.
Wow!! Go Bean!! I could never ever get a whole in one..not even miniature golfing! Brandon keeps trying to get me to become a golfer, but I am a little iffy about it. Maybe once we become rich. It is expensive enough to have one golfer right now!
Post a Comment