So this morning i head out on my last long long run before the race in two weeks and since I haven't had to go 8 1/2 miles around here before I knew I would be running in some new territory. I wasn't expecting to see anything too exciting, its always fun to see how people landscape around here, but other than that nothing is very out of the ordinary. Well this morning was a little different.
I live in Phoenix right? And the population here is what like over 1.5 million people? And I'm running down a pretty major 5 line road when all of a sudden on my right there's a house with probably a dozen or so peacocks. I was like SWEET! I love peacocks! I was hoping that one would get mad at seeing me and flare its wings, but no luck. The next house has some cows and horses and I'm thinking this is really really weird. ( I know there are animal properties in the area, but it was so odd to see so many of them all right together and on the major roads) Then the next house has chickens running around like crazy. What the heck? I am in Phoenix, not in the country! As I travel along for another 1/2 mile or so the smell of farm animals just grows stronger and stronger. Then I decide I need to make my turn at the next corner and the farm animal stuff keeps continuing. Mostly cows and horses. And then I come up on a big plot of land with at least one hundred Pygmy goats and a handful of mini horses. At this point I'm just about laughing out loud. I can't help to think I wouldn't even see this many animals if I was running through the outskirts of Ontario Oregon where I grew up. The animal properties continue for another 1/2 mile or so, and then they just all of a sudden stop and I'm back into just plain houses. Well at least it broke up the monotony of running for 20 minutes or so!
3 comments:
I love it when you find something interesting to distract you.
WHat's your next big race?
Wow- 8 1/2 I'm impressed!
Just a note
THANK YOU--again for Susie's pink running shoes. I don't think you and Kaila know how much I love them. I literally dread the day she grows out of them. They are her favorites too because she can now help do them up and take them off on her own. And I think they're just pretty comfy for her in general.
SO THANK YOU!!
Post a Comment