Saturday, December 6, 2008

RACES!!!

I've done a couple of races (well can you call them races when you have no hope of winning, or for that matter just want to not be last?) over the last couple of weeks so here are the highlights:

First I did the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Nice little 10k, it had rained for a couple of days prior to the race and cleared up just about an hour before the start. It was nice and cool and mostly shady for the whole (hence I forgot my sunglasses.. argh). Here are some pictures:

Adam MADE me take a picture with the turkey. And as in made I mean he drug me down the street to chase him down and stole him away from some kids that the turkey was giving candy too. He made me put my tshirt on and everything (I should have known this would only be the beginning). He caught me at about the 6 mile mark to take this one:

And here's the finish - please do not look at the finish time... I am so beyond out of shape - luckily that's the gun time so my time was a little bit faster, but still it was a good 7 minutes slower than my PR.

And here are my socks I wore to celebrate the day! The turkey trot I ran in Boise the last couple of years gave socks out instead of shirts (the race was a lot cheaper)... Aren't they SWEET!


And today I did the Iron Girl Tempe. It was a ten miler and the weather was pretty much perfect... well it was a little chilly at the start:
Adam and his parents were there to cheer me on the whole way. The course made two laps and there was a bridge in the middle so they walked back and forth to take pictures and cheer for me:





Obviously no one has ever said running was a glamorous sport. I can't believe I am even posting this picture.





And keeping in line with what I can see will be tradition, Adam made me take a picture with the Duck. What the heck? Why does every race have a fowl for a mascot?





Thanks love for being so supportive of my races and carrying my stuff around for me! Your the best

OH I almost forgot! What was my prize for finishing the race, yes I did get a medal but this is what drove me on for the last mile:

So this really wasn't a prize, but I had been holding onto some gift cards for claim jumper for weeks for this occasion. The biggest pice of chocolate cake you've ever seen! Sweet rewards, priceless.
(By the way, this was pretty good, but I still think Costco Chocolate layered cake wins for best cake ever!)

2 comments:

Kaila said...

good for you Abbey. I need to get my butt moving again. I hope you guys are having fun. I miss you tons.

Mama Runner Parker said...

AWESOME!! Way to go Abbey! You look great! And isn't it awesome to have your hubby carry your stuff around and just be all around wonderful on race days?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...