Monday, March 16, 2009

One absoultely wonderful year!

Adam and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary a couple weeks ago. We had a wonderful weekend! We hit the driving range on Saturday morning, then went to lunch at Texas Road House (where we had our very first date), went to a movie, and spent the night at the Biltmore. The Biltmore was awesome. We had actually stayed there on our wedding night but we got there so late and had to leave early in the morning, we didn't really get to enjoy the resort. So this time around we got to walk through all the gardens and even play on the putting course. So fun! Here are a few pictures from the Biltmore.


It's taken me awhile to post because I was sick all last week. I also wanted to share some of our wedding day photos since we haven't done that yet and since they take a long time to load (because Rachel did such a fabulous job on them and they are superior quality!) Its taken awhile to get it all done. So here are some of my favorites!

My dress - I LOVED my dress. I knew it was the one from the minute I saw it online. I was so fortunate to walk into the bridal shop and find it in my size! I didn't even need major altering, just a little hemming since I am short and I was NOT going to wear heels.


My wonderful husband - isn't he so handsome? And yes I made him wear a bright pink tie that I don't think he will EVER wear again. Probably not even if I begged.


My flowers. Of course I wanted hot pink, and of course I had to have Tulips. Adam's mom was great about going to florist after florist til she found one that agreed to do tulips. Most of them refused saying they wouldn't last through the day. We agreed to add a few Gerber daisies for support (another of my favorite flowers). And they survived the whole day! They were absolutely gorgeous!



I had fun taking all of our pictures, I know Adam didn't quite enjoy it as much as me, but I love all the different angles, and the fun pictures we have.


This one is great because you can see my sweet flip flops! No way was I spending the whole day in high heels!

This is probably my favorite picture of us together.

All of our Family and Friends that came to celebrate with us:

In case you didn't know or hadn't figured it out, we got married in the Mesa, AZ temple.



We took most of our pictures before the ceremony, but I love this one taken right after, because I can just see the pure excitement on my face!


This next set is from our Reception at Adam's families house. We got to have it outside in their front yard and it was beautiful!


More tulips! These were still gorgeous when we got back from our honeymoon. All the florist told us they would open up too much so we were scared to put them out too early. They didn't hardly open up at all!
My throwaway bouquet:




The cake was one of my FAVORITE thing. I saw this in a magazine and Adam's mom gave it to a family friend to recreate. It was perfect! Not only that but it tasted great. We served Tres Leches Cake and it was soooooo goooood.


Cutting the cake; Adam tried to claim I shoved it in his face first, but we have video proof to the contrary.
And our first dance as Husband and wife.

We had such an amazing day surrounded by Family and Friends. I don't know how it could have gotten any better!

1 comment:

Pace Adventures said...

Abbey I loved the cake and pictures. That is the prettiest dress Ihave ever seen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...