And it involved food! No I didn't eat something crazy, I agreed to make my sister in law Rachel's wedding cake! Talk about scary! I was pretty confident I could do it, but at the same time you never know what to expect. It was a crazy few hours making it, and I definitely had some freaking out moments, but once I got everything figured out it was all good! I don't have any professional photos, but hope that Rachel will share some with me. But for now here it is!
This cake used pretty much all the skills I had learned in my cake classes so far, and then some I had to pick up from the internet. It was actually a lot of fun (once I got the fondant on, dang it my teacher was right about using cake dummies!).

I think my favorite part was the Anenome on top. I made that a few weeks in advance and was so excited I got it to turn out.

I am thankful Rachel let me make my first wedding cake for her, I can't imagine if I would have done this for a non family member.... YIKES!
2 comments:
ABBEY!!! That is REALLY good! Wow! I am very impressed, and you are so brave to do that. But, I think you could probably do it for anyone and it would turn out beautifully!
I loved it! You did so well!!! Thanks so much!! :)
Post a Comment