Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!

Again, almost titled this one "It's a Boy", but again thought that would be very deceiving! Last weekend I got to host a baby shower for a lovely sister in our ward. And since I've recently become, well obsessed, with party planning blogs I had to have a theme and go all out! (Seriously, dream job alert! Anyone want to hire me full time?) Being my first attempt to create a dessert table, I don't think it turned out half bad!

The theme was Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails and I chose to have lots of primary type colors; blue, red, orange, yellow and green.
Cake stands look familiar? Yep more homemade creations! The backdrop was simply 12x12 scrapbook paper and ribbons. I loved how it turned out and allowed us to open the window but not show just a big tree trunk outside.


I wanted most of the desserts to follow the theme, so first:

Here are the "Snips"
I wanted to get the "Nibs" brand of licorice pieces, but couldn't find any, so I cut up my own! Plus they are red so they work perfectly!

And the Snails:

These little guys were made out of peppermint candies, which by mistake I made the day before and their little red stripes "melted". They were housed on a bed of green coconut grass.

More snails, this time Sugar Cookie Snails!
Don't you just want to bite this little guys head off?


And of course the Puppy Dog!

Chex mix puppy chow (seriously google puppy chow and see if the first thing that comes up is not delicious chex mix!)

Followed by a sweet puppy cupcake.
These little buggers looked easy, but those darned ears had the toughest time staying on! Out of 1 dozen only 4 came out with both ears - all the rest lost exactly 1 ear, none lost both. How strange.

More close up views of the table.

We also had homemade lemonade (thanks again Adam!) and it was also the guest of honors birthday so I made the main cake a little girly, while still keeping in the color scheme.

Isn't that homemade cake stand awesome! And it supported that big heavy cake so well!

The shower was definitely a lot of fun to plan and I loved how it all turned out!

1 comment:

Mama Runner Parker said...

YOU are AMAZINGLY TALENTED!! I would LOVE to have you plan any party I was having or had the privilege of attending!! Wowsers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...