The second event was a YW Activity - Personal Progress Olympics! It was this idea I had back several months ago and so glad we could make it work! I hadn't really ever heard of a personal progress fair, but after googling around apparantly they aren't too uncommon, so I decided to go for it! We made it Olympics themed because its almost the Olympics! The girls got tickets for each of the 'events' they would complete or start at the activity. Our events included having the missionaries teach them how to teach the Plan of Salvation, a mom's panel about divine qualities needed to be a mother, discussion on the holy ghost, and a lesson in conducting hymns. The mom's were invited and we sent them home with a challenge to have the girls help plan and prepare meals for two weeks. We also ended by giving them a "Go for the Gold" challenge and read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I loved that Virtue is Gold and fit so perfectly for that challenge! We also broke up the activity by having games in between (minute to win it games themed around personal progress values). For never doing something like this before it turned out great and many of the girls expressed how much fun they had and we should do this all the time! I took lots of pictures at the event, but I always feel funny showing pictures with other peoples kids in them, so I'm only going to share some of our decorations.
These were the tickets the girls got to remind them of the experiences we either started or completed that day. I designed them somewhat off the Olympic tickets for this year.
Challenge! We added a little gold satchel with hershey's gold nuggets as a take home reminder.


No comments:
Post a Comment