Sunday, October 27, 2013

On being Mom

Do you ever do things as a Mom that seem like a "Fun Idea", or the start of a "FUN" new tradition - but in the back of your mind you KNOW it's a bad idea and your kids are SOOO not ready for it yet?   Well I had one of those moments last week.   Adam would have NEVER let me do what I did, and I knew I shouldn't either but I did it anyway!

I took Charlie and Adella to get flu shots and decided that we should get a treat after.  These kids.  I was prepared for crying and lots of tears.  NOTHING!  Seriously, Charlie flinched a bit and Adella was annoyed by the band aid but they really acted like nothing happened.  But I decided we needed a treat anyway - OK really I just wanted to get a strawberry limeade.  So to Sonic we went and you know what I did?  I bought them a slush.  Their OWN slush.  And gave it to them. IN THE CAR.  Insane right?

Well Adella had no problems, didn't spill or drop it or anything.  Charlie on the other hand.  Oh that kid!   He pulled the straw out and couldn't get it back in and of course I hit EVERY green light so I couldn't turn around to help.  He kept screaming and yelling and getting more and more frustrated.  He finally did get it back in and I thought everything was fine till I heard a thud.  Yep, that's right slushie on the floor!  I reached back and grabbed it trying to minimize the damage. When I retrieved it the lid was completely mangled and would not go on.  Upon further inspection when I got home, he had got the straw in but it was also badly mangled and would no longer function.  Not only that but he had punctured it through the side of the cup.  So he was also covered in slushie!  Seriously, what was I thinking?

When we got home, I split up part of the slush into their smoothie cups and sent them outside.  Much safer.  But in the end they hardly even drank any of it!  


Adella thought I needed a slushie kiss!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...