Sunday, July 13, 2008

The joys of packing and selling a house... at the same time.

Nearly one week into packing and selling, I can tell you its quite a daunting task. I know many of you can probably relate. I've moved several times. This is the 4th place I've lived since I moved to Boise 5 years ago. However, this is the first time I've had to move a whole house and not only that, in the past I could just huck all my stuff into a car or two and not really have "pack" things down very good. You start to really consider what stuff you want and what you can do without when you know you have to fit it all into a couple little moving pods.

But probably the hardest part is doing all this while maintaining a clean, clutter free home. Everyday we pack stuff up and then we have to clean everything back up. Since our house is on the market we just don't know when someone might want to come see it. So every morning we have to make sure the bed is nice and neatly made. The counters are completely cleared off. Dishes out of the sink. And in general no clutter. EVERY TIME we leave. I don't consider myself to be a messy person, but I'm also not a neat freak so it somewhat of an annoying task. Somehow we've managed to contain most of the moving clutter to Adam's office and the extra bedroom. Just one more week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...