Yes, I admit I've been living a sheltered life. For the past five years I have paid little or nothing for haircuts, highlights, facials, manicures and pedicures. Yes I was spoiled -Thanks Aunt Kathy! While I was living in Boise, I went to the Headmasters School for all my beauty needs, and since my Aunt was a teacher, and now director I didn't pay for anything (I had to pay for the die for my hair and tips, but that was it). For example, for my wedding, I got a haircut, die and highlights, a pedicure (with french tips) and manicure with acrylic french tip nails for a total of $10. Sick huh? I am sure I tipped some too. But still. So it pains me that not only am I in a new place and I have to find someone to do my hair, but I also have to pay. Is anyone else totally traumatized by trying to pick a beautician? Never knowing what you might look like when they are done. Argh. So with slight trepidation I found a salon on line last night that wasn't out of control spendy and made a call.... my luck they could get me in right then. I was a bit nervous though as the lady sounded, well older, I was afraid of getting a grandma cut. Luckily this was a spunky grandma though and I've officially changed my position of grandma beauticians. I don't know why I had an issue to begin with, I mean my absolute FAVORITE person to do my eyebrows is a grandma. I still remember the time Annie took me there to get my eyebrows done and I was thinking? Really, this lady is going to do my eyebrows? Well she rocked and for years I drove over an hour from Boise to the outskirts of Nyssa, OR to get them done by her. I've tried day spas in Boise and none compared to my beloved Doris. Anyway I digress, $30 later my hair turned out great and I'm hooked on grandma stylists.
ps... yes we are in the new house. I've been looking for the camera charger ever since we moved in and just now found it. YEA! So I promise to have pictures up this weekend....
No comments:
Post a Comment