Sunday, September 14, 2008

We're HOME!!!

This is it, our new home! Its so exciting to have bought a home together- yes the one in Boise was "ours" but since Adam had been living there for a few years before I ever came along, and I knew we wouldn't be there for too long, I never really connected to it. The picture above is taken from across the street and shows our nice big corner lot, complete with RV parking (we're awaiting your visit Grandma & Grandpa!) . Yes there are no cars out front because we've cleared out the garage and both cars fit! YEA!


Another front view, but important because you can see we actually have grass! I was so excited for this. So many homes down here just have desert landscape, and grass just feels homier!





As for this thing, well its ridiculous. I'm not sure why they planted it here or what purpose it serves... we'll be getting rid of it soon. Hopefully we can manage to transport it to the backyard.




And now my favorite room in the house:

Yes, I know its not 'in' the house but I love it! I love that we have a pool. I love that we have some landscaping to do. I love that we have a potential guest house (thats the building you see on the left) and I love this guy:



is our ginormous Saguaro cactus. Those of you who haven't lived in AZ might not know that its illegal to get rid of these guys, so we'll have him around for a long time. I'm thinking maybe we should name him - any suggestions?






Oh and I can't wait to eat this later this winter.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm (for those of you who don't know, this is an Orange). I can almost taste it!




That's about all for now. I don't have pictures of the inside yet - I'm still trying to get decorations and things settled in. So more to come!

5 comments:

Kaila said...

I love it. I keep thinking about you and how things are going down there. I am so glad you got a house you wanted. And with a pool. How nice. Oh and I still cannot figure out how to get a template off of the cutest blog on the block. what is the secret? Or am I just retarded?

Cindy said...

Sweet house. I'm very jealous of the pool. Congrats!

Mama Runner Parker said...

SOO cool--and the cactus of course must be named Spike! Looks GREAT Abbey, congrats.

B&B Goldsberry said...

How fun to have a house..especially with a swimming pool!! Glad that you are doing so good!

Carrie Carp said...

Hey sorry we didn't come by last night! We've just been getting Jack into a good sleep schedule and didn't want to mess it up...

But WOW your house looks awesome. I can't believe you've already got grass and some mature navels! Camille and I decided that we're going to be inviting ourselves out soon. Hope that's okay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...