Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cake skills...

I have wanted to take a cake class for a long time and finally did it! Here are some of my creations:

A very special RAINBOW Cake...

yeah, I wasn't thrilled about having to make a rainbow cake, but it was either that or a shaped cake and I didn't want to buy a shaped pan without a reason to use it and Rainbow Brite hadn't showed up yet.. But as soon as she did I had to test her out!

Lesson learned.... When you use buttercream icing and add color to it, it deapens as it sits; in other words just because you think Rainbow's skin color frosting looks pink, don't add brown because it will turn REALLY BROWN after its sits! Yeah, I know she looks like a devil Rainbow Brite, but luckily this was a practice cake and not for some poor girls birthday party!

And the finally of Wilton Course One:



I just started the Fondant course and I LOVE it! So excited to learn how to fondant. This week I got to cover my very first fondant cake!




mmmmmm.......


1 comment:

Kaila said...

ooh! Abbey, It looks yummy! You can make me a cake anytime! I want to take a cake decorating class too. Looks like fun

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...