Thursday, July 30, 2009
Another cake..
So I am still practicing my cakes and had an opportunity this week for mutual. We were celebrating a few birthdays and the going away of a couple of our girls so I made this fun "girly" cake. (My inspiration was from cakes from PinkCakeBox, their cakes are AWESOME!)
For these cakes and Adam's Birthday cake, I actually made my own fondant. It tasted much better than the pre-made stuff, but its a lot of work! It also is a little shinier and was a little harder to get really smooth. But for practising its just great! I was really surprise how many of the girls wanted to eat all the little flowers, starts and circles - even though they were hard! I always thought most people don't like fondant anyway, but all the girls said they loved it; and that was before they even tried mine.
Labels:
Cakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Abbey, you're SO DANG TALENTED!! I'm really wanting to make an awesome cake for Susie's birthday but have NO experience. BUT you've motivated me to take a class. Thanks. You're awesom. And I wish the one dentist here in AF had trains going through his stations. I haven't been in like SIX long years--so we can both imagine how great my appointment is going to be....
Post a Comment