Love it! We love adding whole wheat to our foods (I even snuck it in brownies and you couldn't tell!). My favorite thing so far were some delicious chocolate chip zucchini muffins that I substituted wheat flour for white, they were so good I had to text Adam that he should come home from work and eat some; yeah he did, SIX of them!
Here's the recipe
INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used all whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (I also shredded one apple and added it, it made them super moist!)
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts ( I didn't have any nuts so I left them out)
DIRECTIONS
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
I don't have any pictures; but trust me they were TASTY!
I do have some pictures of my first attempt at bread though!
1 comment:
I can't wait to try your muffin recipe. (If our zucchini plant ever produces this year, that is!) I hope to spend some quality time with you while I'm in town for the weddings. Maybe your amazing crafting and cooking abilities will rub off on me :)
Post a Comment