Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fun at the Depot!

Dental Depot that is!



First off, no one judge us that we've been here for a year and have finally just gone to the dentist... I don't want to hear about it.... We are now good OK?

Secondly, I just want to know why there wasn't a place like this when I was a kid! I have never been necessarily afraid of the dentist and as an Adult, actually enjoyed the experience - mostly because of the joy of having clean teeth after leaving. And I have had my share of dental issues - mostly revolving around my two center teeth (lets see it all started with a mean dentist who made me wear silver caps during my tender middle school years and into high school, all because he didn't want to put on permanent one and then have to have a root canal... well guess what after he finally put them on, I had to have one five years later anyway! And now I have to wear a mouth guard after my most recent replacement of the two teeth, otherwise I have horrible mouth pain... I have many more I could mention, but that's enough for now).


Moving on, soon after we moved here and were driving around the area, we drove past a brand new dental office aptly named "Dental Depot" with a big train out front. Adam immediately indicated he would go to the dentist if we could go there. Well I finally was able to figure out our insurance and saw they were on the list, so I figured what the heck!



Last week was our appointments, Adam's was first and when he came back home to report, I've never seen someone so excited about there trip to the dentist! There are trains running through the whole office and the inside looks like a depot! There are fun old black and white train pictures on the walls and of course it all started with this fun guy out front (not the dentist, the train... sorry don't have my own picture, so I stole this from the newspaper)



When I went for my appointment, they also gave me a t shirt and it was certainly fun having the trains go through the office and even in the rooms. My dad would LOVE this place and he HATES the dentist. Seriously, why wasn't this around when I was little... As I left that day I saw a mom and her son getting out of the car ready to go in. She let the boy jump on the train and ring the bell and he was having so much fun...and I though to myself, I am definitely bringing my children here some day.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Why would anyone judge you?!!! I don't think I've been to the dentist in over four years. Sometimes there is just no money for it - however I think if we had the "Depot" here I would go there too. Sounds way fun!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a dentist office theme. Megan would love that. We went to the train restaurant in Baker and that is all she talks about! Glad you had a great time at the dentist.

Cindy said...

That's so cool! Maybe I should take Kaden down there to go. He hasn't been yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...