Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kitchen appliance, re-defined.......

Well sort of.... Have you ever owned something and LOVED it only to find out after a long time and many uses that it was EVEN BETTER than you had originally thought? So goes the story of the Bosch Food Processor Plus....


When Adam and I got married, we started combining our kitchen items, and well, obviously I had much much more, but what he had was a Bosch Food Processor. Now I also had a food processor, but it wasn't a Bosch, so I got rid of it and promptly began to use the Bosch. Well this Bosch is sweet, it has a Blender (which is the only thing Adam had ever used it for prior), it also has a juicer attachment and of course the traditional food processing accessories. See all the fun stuff?




This isn't my exact model, but its pretty close. I also have a Kitchenaid which I LOVE as well. As I recently purchased our wheat grinder, I've made bread a few times, but most of the recipes make 2 or more loaves, and my Kitchenaid tends to overheat when kneading multiple loaves. Well, I was talking to my soon to be Sister in Law Julie this weekend and she told me all I needed to do was probably add the bowl to the processor in order to use it as a mixer.


Well, naturally I was stoked and the next day started searching the Internet for any info on my machine I could find and what I could add to it (Adam doesn't have the manual, or I just can't find it). I couldn't find much (this model isn't made anymore), but finally came across the user manual and guess what?! This machine already came with a dough hook! I just didn't know it when I first looked at it (doesn't resemble the Kitchenaid hook).So I am completely ecstatic, but at the same time mystified that I have been using this machine for over a year without knowing its full potential. I tested it out tonight and it kneaded a 3 loaf recipe just great! No over heating or anything! WOOHOO!!!!! Don't worry, the Kitchenaid still holds a prized spot on my kitchen counter and will continue to be highly used... just not for multiple loaves of bread!

2 comments:

Ann Hatch said...

I'm jealous you have one- lucky duck! I have a kitchenaid, love it, use it all the time, but I have also noticed it overheating when I make bread dough.

Ann Hatch said...

I'd love to get your recipe... I was just trying to make bread yesterday and it was the WORST! IT rose and fell when I was at church, then smelled chemical-lly! Yuck! I cooked it to see if it would still be good, but it was a no-go. The pigeons were happy, though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...