Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blessing dress for baby Whitney!

I had the opportunity to make a blessing dress for a friend who used to be in our ward, Alica, and whom I served with in YW.  Her daughter, Whitney, was born with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.   That's a big long description of a pretty serious medical condition.   The condition is pretty rare and survivors are even more rare and that's what makes Whitney so special!  

Because she was born with CDH as well as having many other complications, her parents thought it best to keep her away from people for her first few months, especially during cold season.   So last Sunday, at nearly 9 months Whitney was finally able to be blessed!   So exciting!

Alicia and I had fun picking out the fabric and deciding how it would look and this is what we came up with!  




1 comment:

Alisa said...

cute! you did a great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...