and then it all went downhill.
First up, this little guy fell on a toy and hit his eye real good. He was pretty upset and hurt, and got a nice shiner.
Then, Adella out of nowhere got sick. She was fine one minute and the next thing she had thrown up everywhere. She instantly looked miserable and spent the whole rest of the day like this
It was really really sad. You could see in her eyes how crummy she felt. She had no energy and couldn't keep anything down. Luckily she didn't have a fever and stopped throwing up early the next morning. We luckily had pedialyte on hand and were able to keep her hydrated. Unfortunately, that next day Charlie also threw up out of nowhere. No warning. I put him in his high chair for lunch and he just lost it. I was panicked. If he acted anything like Adella I knew I couldn't do it alone, and she had just finished off the pedialyte. Luckily I was able to get a hold of an awesome sister in our ward who came to my rescue, bringing pedialyte, medicine plus lunch for me, dinner for that night and chocolate. She was a total lifesaver!
Charlie took a 3 hour nap and woke up like nothing had happened. He was ready to play and totally fine. Adam also got sick that afternoon and came home from work early. I thought maybe I got lucky, but by that evening I was also sick and seemed to get the worst of it as I couldn't keep anything down for nearly 48 hours. It was horrible.
But we survived our first full blown family illness and we are all doing much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment