Friday, March 7, 2014

Feisty!

We've discovered that little Marilee is a bit feisty!  She's had a couple of great days.  She is of course connected to lots of tubes and things, but overall doing great.   She isn't on a ventilator but does get oxygen.  However, she is on the lowest level of oxygen they can give and they have even been able to lower the rate at which she receives it.   Her heart rate and pulse look good and her respiration rate is improving and when we've been in there is mostly in the normal range.

I got to have a real good snuggle with her yesterday morning.  When I went back in the afternoon she had been put under phototherapy.  Her labs for jaundice came back a little high, not worrisome high, but they are treating her so she doesn't get worse.   She doesn't seem to be a fan though, they have to keep her un-swaddled obviously so the light can get on her skin.   While I was in there she kept pulling on her oxygen nose piece and other cords.   Luckily she was still breathing fine without the oxygen in!  She gets to wear some pretty sweet shades too!





That night when Adam and I went over she had again pulled out the oxygen and had wrapped one arm around another tube.   The nurse came in and decided she needed to be re-taped because it was so loose from all her pulling and grabbing.  So since she was going to do that we got to help give her a 'bath'!  I didn't get any pictures of the actual bath since we were both helping and every time I picked up the camera I would have to go rewash my hands!   This is her holding onto Adam's finger.  She really likes to grasp things!



Adam holding her while the nurse changed out her bedding


We snagged a quick pic while she had no tubes on her face, she wasn't too happy because the nurse had to remove the old tape which you can imagine didn't feel great!

We are so thrilled that she is such a little fighter and love her so much!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...