Today I ran a mile..... Why I finally decided I was ready to start running again in the middle of July when its 110 degrees is beyond me. I finally decided I have fought it long enough; time to give up my pride; time to forget about how many miles a week I was running two years ago (yeah somewhere between 30-40, but I am trying to forget!); time to get over the heat excuse. So I made up my mind, made a commitment, and this morning when my Alarm went off at 5:30 I resisted all my desires to turn it off and go back to sleep (for those of you not in Arizona and worried about me running at 5:30, trust me, its PLENTY, light by then!).
I know I have a long road ahead, but I am putting this in writing right now that the runner in me is back! I am already looking forward to a few races (I use the term races loosely, maybe a better description would be organized jogs!) and am even considering a Triathlon- anyone have a Road Bike I could borrow?
So if you are in the AZ (or plan to travel here in the next few months) lets run some "organized jogs" and get a t-shirt in the process (I mean really, who wants to run a race if there isn't a free t-shirt at the end?) I may run a few steps behind (did I mention I am really slow?), but I will surely meet you at the finish line!
2 comments:
Wish I was there, Bean! I'd definitely be up for an organized jog. Maybe we need to plan a visit...
You go girl! My friend Jen is trying to get me to come to AZ for a half in January I think...
Post a Comment