Monday, April 22, 2013

Blocks- a lifesaver

As we prepared for Oregon/Idaho I didn't take too many pictures leading up to the trip.   But the night before we left Charlie and Adella were on one.  Both woke up so incredibly cranky from their naps and Adam had a doctor appointment right after work which left me on my own for an extra hour.  Desperate times mean it's time to break out the toy that was stowed away until such a situation occurred   To my great luck it TOTALLY worked!    Charlie and Adella got these blocks for their birthday, I knew at the time they wouldn't understand how they worked and I would just have blocks all over the house so I hid them away.  We headed to their room, I closed the door (so no blocks could escape) and dumped out the bag.  Cries instantly gone!  We happily played together for a good 45 minutes  -mostly I built structures that they took apart.   They concentrated very hard on them though!   I've dug them out on a couple other times now and they love them.  I think for now I'm gonna keep them stashed away so they are an occasional thing they get excited about - especially until they figure out how to really use them!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...