Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter

Charlie and Adella are still too young for all the retail nonsense of Easter - so they didn't have an easter basket nor did we hide eggs or do anything involving Rabbits.  Adam and I actually had a good discussion over more spiritual traditions would could incorporate as a family.  I asked our YW in church on Sunday if they had any spiritual traditions surrounding Easter and only one had anything.   It seems really easy to incorporate those traditions around Christmas, but how do you do it for Easter?   I mean we are celebrating the fact that HE LIVES - so how do we teach our kids it's really not all about a silly bunny (OK, don't get me wrong, we will still die eggs and have Easter egg hunts and all that, but just don't want that to be the big focus).

Alright enough of that (but really if you have things you do with your families, please let me know!  I would love to hear them!)

Despite the lack of the Easter bunny around here, Adella did get a new dress and Charlie got a matching tie!   And yes I made both!   So here comes a barrage of pictures - you will notice that Adella isn't smiling in ANY of them.  I don't know what her deal is lately but it's super hard to coax a smile out of her for pictures.  Oh and just try to keep them together for a shot.  Charlie is a wild man when he gets outside - we spend most of the time chasing him down!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...