Friday, April 5, 2013

Please send dark socks

OK, lets get real.  As mom's we all have things we think we are failing at with our kids.  Admit it, we all have it.  But you know what my number 1 is?  If you are my facebook friend this will come as no surprise - DIRTY FLOORS!   You see I fail at mopping.  I'm not sure if I've just never learned the proper way or what but I CAN NOT keep these floors clean.   I mop the whole place at least once a week and our kitchen dining area gets it at least every other day.  I've tried rag mops, microfiber; I've tried a steam mop.  I've tried just water.  Vinegar. Pinesol.  Nothing works (OK, getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing DOES work but that takes a WHOLE ENTIRE DAY WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS - who has time for that?)   Oh and yes, I changed the water when it gets dirty, I change the microfiber pads when they get dirty.

So since I can't afford a professional I just have to deal with the failure I guess.   And really I wouldn't care so much except it breaks my heart every time I see my poor children's filthy feet.   And knowing that it's only a matter of time before that big toe goes in a mouth and magically comes out clean, you know what I do?  I put socks on those darn feet.  That's what I do.  And then THEY look like this


And if you must know, these socks were perfectly white and clean before I put them on.  Oh and did I mention I had JUST MOPPED THAT DAY?  The whole place.  Yep.   Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one that deals with this?  Because really, I'm not kidding.  I feel like a floor mopping failure.

So until I can learn the proper way to clean a floor (or afford a professional) please send dark socks. 

1 comment:

Julie Button said...

Hash tag firstworldproblems :) and if that is your greatest concern your doing a fabulous job. I don't mop that often and my floors are never clean longer than 30 min or nap time. Kids make dirty floors. Just wait until they're going in and out doors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...