So as I was contemplating what to do with some used microfiber diaper inserts (I had recently switched to bamboo inserts) I had an idea. Why not turn them into reusable pads? I mean they are super absorbant and pretty much already the right size and I didn't have to go buy anything which is a super added bonus!
So here is what I came up with!
![]() |
| Reusable Swiffer pad |
So simple yet soooo perfect!!! I simply sewed two strips of elastic onto the edges (I made the elastic about half the length of my pad so it would be nice and tight). Then I tested it. You know what? It is PERFECT! It stays on awesome (even better than the swiffer ones) and I can get it sopping wet. I usually just put it under the faucet to wet it (after it's on the swiffer) and then I use a spray bottle with my cleaner (vinegar) and spray the cleaner right onto the floor. Let me tell you what, this baby picks up so much more dirt than a swiffer pad EVER did. Obviously its not going to replace full moppings and it doesn't get stuff that's crusted on (but neither does a swiffer pad), but for general spots and dirt in between full mopping jobs it's amazing. When I'm done I just throw it in to wash with my normal rag washing. Easy peasy!
Now I realize not everyone is going to have diaper inserts laying around, but you couuld easily take a microfiber cloth (I think you can get them at the dollar store even) and fold it over a couple of times, serge or sew the edges shut and do the same thing.
And if that's even too much work for you, I happen to still have several of these inserts lying around and would be happy to sell them to you for pretty darn cheap. Just send me a message and I'll see what we can work out!
Have fun, go green and most importantly save some dough!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment