So interesting story about this rocker. I was at Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago and this older lady stopped me to check out the babies. Which somehow is completely normal now since I can't go anywhere without someone ooing and ahhing over them- not that I really mind people telling me how adorable my babies are! Anyway, she's talking to me and then randomly asks me if I live around there. I wasn't super close, but not too far away either. She then asks me if I have a rocking chair and I tell her we have a lazy boy but she meant a high back wood rocker. She then proceeds to tell me she has one she needs to get rid of and if I want it we can just come take it! Crazy huh? So Adam goes over there after work and gets it, it's really in great shape and has to be pretty old. Adam said that she told him it was her late husbands and now she just doesn't have room for it. We kept her address and plan to send her a picture of the twins in it, if we can ever get a decent picture that is!
A couple days later we went for their 9 month check up so here are there stats! Also, they got shots during their checkup and barely cried, in fact Adella didn't even cry, she made one short wimper and then she was good. I know people always say how their babies are grumpy or sad the rest of the day after shots but mine are the complete opposite. They were soooo happy and good the whole rest of the day! It's pretty much been like that every time we go in.
Adella gained 2 lbs in the last 3 months, which is surprising cause she actually REALLY REALLY likes food! She also doesn't spit up near as much. I think it's probably because she is so incredibly active and moving around all the time. She grew 1 3/4 inches in height and 1 inch around her head.
Adella, like I said, LOVES food. She will eat anything and especially likes to fee herself. She can suck down one of those food packets that have the puree in them in no time. She has good grasping skills and manages to get a fair portion of food to her mouth when she picks it up herself. There's nothing she doesn't like!
She still does her funny back crawl and her 'O' face/sound. She can pull herself up to a standing position and is starting to 'cruise' around the furniture a little. She loves to Skype and gets so excited when she hear's the Skype ringtone. Adella has become quite ticklish and her laugh is so infectious! You just can't help but smile or laugh back. She sticks EVERYTHING in her mouth and she still has no teeth Overall she's completely adorable and we love her!
Charlie grew 2 1/4 inches over the last three months, he's becoming our tall little guy! Hopefully he'll stay on the path to be nice and tall. His weight went up by nearly 1 1/2 lbs, but he's still down their in the 10th percentile. He's not as big of a fan of food as Adella and although he will eat anything he loses interest quickly - he usually drinks more of his bottle though. He too is very very active; he's already standing unassisted and can do so for several seconds. Usually he only falls down because he starts bouncing and going crazy!
Charlie has also become very ticklish and has a super sweet laugh. He doesn't laugh quite as much as Adella does but he is starting to laugh more. He's mostly laid back and easy going. We successfully and very easily got him to finally take naps in the crib - we still put Adella in the swing, just getting her to take a nap at all is an accomplishment! He still uses a pacifier but only for naps and bedtime.
Charlie is super sweet and we love him!
And we're out of here!


No comments:
Post a Comment