They had their 15 month checkup a few days later and everything was looking great! They still show very low in their weight percentile, but they are on their curve so everything is just fine! They are both pretty tall which makes clothes shopping fun - if I get a one piece outfit it has to be at least one size bigger. Two piece outfits are generally still pretty big on them in the 12 month size, but there is no way I'm buying 9 month shorts! I have problems with dresses for Adella since 12 month ones still look quite large, but are also quite short! I guess I just need to find some time to make some more for her.
At 15 months both Charlie and Adella are running around, literally! They are SUPER quick! They can go up and down stairs pretty well, but do tumble sometime so we are always right there when they are around multiple steps. Charlie can go up and down one step without having to sit down, Adella still has to sit down and stand back up.
They can both crawl on up on the couch, though Adella has gotten better at it than Charlie. Adella can also crawl up onto pretty much anything else and is pretty darn proud of it!
Neither has really said any recognizable words yet - though both at times have said 'ba' when we wave bye bye to Daddy in the morning. Occasionally they will sort of mimic the sound of some of our words, like 'sh' for shoes. I'm not yet convinced that they are saying mama or dada, though they for sure make those sounds, I just don't know that they are correlating it yet. They are definite jabber mouths though! Charlie is especially loud and likes to jabber when we go on walks - he even once scared a dog and it's walker almost causing the older lady to fall over!
We have been bottle free for over a month! I didn't think it would ever happen, but we finally got them used to sippy cups. They still can't do cups that you have to tip back, but are super good at straws! We still struggle with meals a lot, Charlie is pretty darn picky unless its 'junk' type food like crackers. His favorite food appears to be blueberries or blackberries. He literally shovels them in his mouth! Adella is a little more adventurous but I would say her favorite is probably fruit in general.
Charlie still has a pacifier, but only at naps and night time. We plan to work on getting him off of it when we get back from The Dominican Republic (we want to have the hope that at least ONE of them will sleep at least some times!). After not thinking they would get attached to any sort of lovey, they actually have started to get attached. Adella especially likes her 'buggy' and will scream if she drops it out of the crib. We try to keep it just to sleep times, but she will often pull it out and play with it and likes to have it right after she gets up too.
They still love books and have really gotten into pulling things out of drawers and putting things into containers.
Our doctor gave us the OK to give them peanut butter and other nuts, so we celebrated with their first peanut butter and jelly sandwich!


No comments:
Post a Comment