Friday, May 10, 2013

The story of the 'ball'

One of the things I made for Charlie and Adella's room were those yarn balls you see all over pinterest.  As a side note, they are NOT as easy as they make them out to be.   If you ever decide to make them, I do have a few tricks I could share that will definitely help, but still, not the easiest thing in the world.

Anyway, a few months ago Adella got really interested in these and would stare at them when we would put them in her crib for bed.  So Adam decided to give her a closer view and would 'bonk' her head on these balls every night before bed as we were passing them around for bedtime kisses.   Charlie eventually wanted in on the fun and they LOVED this game.  They still do, but we do have fewer balls to 'bonk'.  Enter Exhibit A


Adella got a hold of this one night.  And you might think that's where the story ends, but what happened next was really the story.  When it happened I said "oh no!"  But mostly just shrugged it off, well when Adam put her back in her crib she started bawling, and not her I don't want to go to bed cry but a "i am seriously upset cry"  Adam picked her back up and she just kept staring at the ball.  She was SOOOO sad that it was mangled.  It was really sad to see her so upset about it!   So I tried my best to form it back into some semblance of a ball shape and she pointed and grinned when it was all better!   

Sadly, it did not end there as she apparently did not learn her lesson and grabbed it again, this time beyond repair.  She didn't seem upset about this the second time around.   I would love to replace it, but just the thought of creating more of these makes me cringe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...